Like, Follow, Comment, Share

If You Enjoyed This Post Please Share and Follow! Please Leave Me Your Opinions In The Comments!

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Reboot; Blog and Self; Jason Evert & EUCHARISTIC BENEDICTION

Greetings. Maybe you followed this blog since the beginning or maybe this is your first time reading (if so you are AWESOME!!) If you have followed me you know that I have been inactive on this blog for a while... All summer actually, I did the same last summer. I hope you don't blame me, I was out of town for 2 weeks and 2 other weeks were swallowed whole by VBS and Fair. So if you've been waiting forever for me to start posting... sorry. I think it's time for this blog to have a reboot (i say that all the time) I have deleted some old (embarrassing) posts and I am going to change the style of the website, a good friend of my put it very frank when he told me "Your blog is one of those websites with just text, it looks sketchy." So blog reboot, I'm also gonna be changing how I write my posts, I'm older than I was when I started this blog and I can actually complete a thought (mostly) so i hope to have better quality posts, but, the #1 title rule still applies, Anything Goes. I will write about all sorts of stuff, Sports, Life, High School, Faith, and all sorts of fun stuff. Now that that's over with let's get to the post...
Tuesday night I attended something amazing with many of good friends, I went to go hear Jason Evert speak about chastity. Jason is a world renowned speaker on chastity, he travels to schools, universities and youth events with his wife Crystalina and spreads good virtues to youth, young adults, and adults alike. Jason and Crystal are also the creators of ChastityProject.com. They are the authors of a dozen books like Theology of the Body for Teens and Pure Womenhood



I picked up Jason's 'Book' (more of a booklet then a book because men don't read [his joke not mine]) Pure Manhood. I have read the book and I love it. It's a guide how to become the man God wants you to be. It gives straight answers questions about Chastity, Women, Dating, Sexuality and Authentic Masculinity. If you are a guy I would suggest taking a look at it. You know the cliche term 'Mancard' well that's what this thing is to me, I carry it in my back pocket with pride and if I'm ever struggling with anything related to it I take it out and start reading it. That is part of the 'Self Reboot' i mention in the title, I am going to (re)strengthen my prayer life and really try to be a better person, other attempts have failed but, I have confidence with this try.
After Jason's absolutely AMAZING talk on chastity there came the best thing you can experience, Eucharistic  Benediction, I have always had a time explaining Benediction and Adoration. I mean I can explain it literally, a priest or deacon brings out Jesus in form of the Eucharist. It's easy to explain that way but it's impossible to explain the personal, spiritual experience the reason being all of us experience it differently, the thing I can say is it's powerful enough to bring a room of nearly a thousand people (mostly teens) to their knees. 
Lastly, at the end of the night I got to meet Jason and he signed my book. This man is an amazing role model and if you get a chance to see him take it, you will not regret it. Please go check out Jason & Crystal and many other amazing writers and speakers at http://chastityproject.com/ 
God Bless Ya'll.
(Photos Courtesy of Myself, Alan Hingsbergen, and Abby Murphy; Used With Permission)